Terms & Conditions
drivingcourseslondon is an Internet based driving school and its carefully selected instructors are independent, and work from their home address. All our instructors are fully qualified, CRB checked and approved by the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency.
The drivingcourseslondon website is operated on behalf of driving instructors working under the drivingcourseslondon name and offering intensive driving courses. Please note that, on occasion, the vehicle that you learn to drive in may carry a different company name and branding than drivingcourseslondon.
All courses booked through drivingcourseslondon form a direct contract between yourself (the student) and your named driving instructor and NOT with drivingcourseslondon.
It is the sole responsibility of your instructor to ensure that your test is booked at the appropriate time. If you have any questions or concerns about your test date and time, please refer these directly to your instructor.
Once you have been assigned an instructor, all subsequent interaction is between you and the named instructor. drivingcourseslondon takes every measure possible to ensure you the very best driving instruction experience, but each instructor's style of tuition and behaviour is solely their personal and legal responsibility.
In the unlikely event of any dispute that may arise (and for whatever reason), your instructor is directly responsible for reaching settlement with you. The drivingcourseslondon organisation will not be liable for any outstanding tuition hours, or financial compensation for unused tuition hours, that may occur between you and your specified instructor.
1. Students are to personally insure that they are holders of a current valid provisional driving licence. If new style licence both photo card & paper counterpart are required. If old style paper licence please bring with you your valid passport. Licences should be shown to the instructor at the first meeting.
2. It is the student's responsibility to ensure they have with them for their driving test all licence requirements, and if needed a valid theory test pass certificate.
3. A deposit of £150.00 for courses must be made with each course booking. Online bookings should be paid via the PayPal online payments form which will become available once the online booking form has been submitted. If your deposit payment is to be made by cheque, this should be sent by post by cheque to the Swindon office in the name of: A REYNOLDS
PLEASE NOTE: where courses are booked by pupils who have not, at the time of booking, passed their theory test, a further goodwill deposit of £250 will be taken. This is to help incentivise pupils to undertake and pass their theory test and also to keep the course open for the pupil. It is an essential requirement for al pupils to have passed their theory test prior to taking their driving test. This additional deposit is not included within the 14 day cancellation period agreement and is non-refundable.
4. The remaining full balance of the course/lessons fee must be received at least 14 days prior to the first lesson or start of the course. Please note: the balance of the payment will be due, in full, directly to your instructor. Your instructor will provide the necessary payment instructions at the time payment is due. You do not pay the balance to drivingcourseslondon.
Important information: please note that payments should be made by Bank Transfer where possible. If you wish to pay via Debit or Credit card, those payments must be made using PayPal. An additional surcharge of 3.4% of your course price becomes payable in order to cover PayPal's fees. Please note that we do not accept PayPal 'Gift' payments as this would contravene PayPal's Terms & Conditions.
5. Any additional tuition that the student may request will be charged at the current hourly rate and would be paid direct to the instructor when tuition is taken.
6. The driving test itself represents the final lesson of any course. For example, if you pay for a 40 hour course, you will receive 39 hour-long lessons plus the driving test at the end of that course (this represents the 40th and final hour).
7. It is the responsibility of the student to notify their instructor immediately that they have passed their theory test and to supply their certificate number so their driving test can be booked with their course.
If the student has not passed their theory test prior to, or within, the 14 day course cancellation period, the course will still go ahead and require payment. In these circumstances we set aside a number of hours to complete the driving course prior to the eventual driving test date. If, for any reason, the student decides not to undergo the hours that have been set aside, we reserve the right to retain the full payment for those hours as they remain part of the original course hours and we have only rescheduled those hours as a goodwill gesture.
8. A cancellation notice is required if a student finds they are unable to take any of their course. This notice must be (a) sent in writing, by recorded post, or (b) by email. This must to be received at the London office address no less than 14 clear days prior to the course start date.
9. Any tuition that has been booked with a deposit paid that is cancelled with less than 14 days notice will be charged for in full. Course deposits are non-refundable.
10. All courses must be started within a 6 month period of the date the related deposit and/or full course fee payment is received by us. In the event that a course is not started within 6 months, your deposit payment and any other payments you have made become non-refundable. Any course hours that you may have paid for but, for whatever reason, are not used also become null and void and cannot be taken or money refunded after the 6 month period has expired. In any circumstance and for any reason, we hold full discretion over whether refunds of any nature, and for any payments submitted, will be given.
11. Driving tests always take priority over driving tuition. Occasionally student's tuition times may need to be changed to accommodate a driving test. Changes to a student's tuition times will be notified to the student.
12. It is against the law for anyone to drive while under the influence of of alcohol or drugs. Any student being suspected of being under the influence of either will have their tuition terminated for that day with the lost of that day's tuition.
13. Abusive language or threatening behavior to any instructor, or to the general public while within the instructor's car will not be tolerated. Any such behavior will result in the course being terminated resulting in the loss of course fee.
14. Instructors reserve the right to withhold the use of their vehicle for the driving test if in the opinion of the instructor the student's driving is not to a safe standard for the driving test to be taken. As per condition 6 (above), the use of the instructor's vehicle during the driving test represents the final/last hour of any course that you have booked with us.
15. Driving tests are always arranged in advance of the course starting date. If the DVSA make any changes to the driving test within the cancellation notice period then the course will continue as arranged. Should a DVSA change happen then your drivingcourseslondon instructor will do everything possible to rearrange another test to be taken quickly and will help claim any of your out of pocket expenses from the DVSA.
It is important to note that once we have booked a test with DVSA we then have no control over whether they change the test date/time or even cancel the test. As these types of changes are completely out of hands your driving course will still go ahead as planned and we will do everything that we can in order to work with DVSA to ensure your revised test date is booked as close to the end of your course as possible.
16. Please note that driving tests cannot normally be booked in advance for pupils who have not already taken and passed their driving theory test. The booking and passing of the theory test is entirely the responsibility of each pupil and is not included within any of our courses and fees. While we will do everything within our power to book your driving test at a time and date to suit you, we are limited by what the driving test centres have available. We are also not able to have any pupil take a driving test who has not previously passed their theory test. We therefore offer no refunds on deposits for pupils who book a course with us but who fail to pass their theory test prior to their driving test.
17. Driving Courses London keeps our entire fleet of vehicles regularly serviced and to a very high standard of roadworthiness. We will always endeavour to ensure that our cars are in ideal operational condition prior to your test. If any problems with a vehicle occur within the days leading up to your test we will, where possible, ensure these are dealt with prior to the test itself. However, in the very rare event of one of our cars breaking down, sustaining a flat tyre or any other fault that renders it unusable shortly prior to the test (or during your test), we will pay your rescheduled test fee and also provide you with two-hours of tuition at no cost to you (please note: the two additional free hours include your rescheduled test hour).
If your car is involved in an accident during your course, or becomes undriveable for any reason, we will endeavour to find and alternative vehicle and you will be offered the chance to postpone any missed hours at this time. Should you choose not to postpone those hours at the time the option is offered to you, they will be forfeited and no refund for those hours will be given.
18. In the unfortunate event that an instructor is too ill to take a booked course, we will make every effort to inform you as soon as possible and arrange with you to reschedule your course. If we are unable to reschedule the course with you then a refund of your deposit and any other fees you have paid to us will be made to you.
Due to the nature of intensive courses, if the pupil becomes ill during the course and is unable to complete their allocated time, any remaining time may be forfeit if the pupil is unable to continue within 30 days of the start date of the course. This is subject to the discretion of the instructor, whose decision in these instances is final.
19. Poor/dangerous weather conditions policy: in the event of poor weather your instructor will reserve the right to make the decision whether or not to undertake your course. In all cases, our primary concern will be safety. If you choose to cancel your course despite your instructor indicating it will go ahead, no refunds will be given - although we may help with rescheduling the course. If your instructor decides the conditions are too dangerous to take the course we will work with you to reschedule the course for a convenient time. No refunds will be issued due to poor weather conditions. Please note that we have no control over the DSA canceling your driving test due to poor weather conditions. In the event the DSA cancel your test we will work with you and the DSA to reschedule your test.
20. Failsafe Course: please note that any student who passes their test at the first attempt as part of their Failsafe Course will not receive a refund for any unused tuition hours or tests that subsequently have no need to be taken. Any students who pay for their Failsafe Course, complete part of the course but then choose, for whatever reason, not to complete the tuition hours and/or driving test(s) will similarly not be entitled to any refund (in whole or in part).
21. When making a booking with us, we go to great lengths to ensure that you have read and accept our Terms & Conditions. These are updated regularly and clearly accessible and avaialble to view on our website at all times. When submitting an online booking form via our website you can only do so by also clicking the box to confirm that you have read and accepted our Terms & Conditions. All bookings we receive will be processed and undertaken on the basis of good faith that you have indeed read and understood the Terms & Conditions (as you will have confirmed you have done). This will be the case regardless of whether you have actually read and accepted our Terms & Conditions.
22. Where the person undertaking the driving course is under the age of 18 at the time they make their booking, the booking itself must be made by their parent or guardian and accepted by us on that basis.
23. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that, prior to commencing their course, their eyesight (with glasses or contact lenses if necessary) is at the required level to pass the driving test, ie, the student must be able to read a vehicle license plate made after 1st September 2001 from a distance of 20 metres. All students undertaking a course must, if they require glasses or contact lenses, wear them at all times throughout the duration of the course and the driving test.
24. All students retain the right to end any part of their daily course at any earlier time than scheduled. In the event that a student chooses to end their day's driving early, and for whatever reason, the remaining tuition hours of that day are forfeited and cannot be made up at any other time.
25. At the time we accept any course booking we take the student's evaluation of their own driving skill level at face value. If, when the course commences, our evaluation of the student's driving skill level is significantly below that which was originally stated, the booked course will still go ahead as planned but we reserve the right to cancel the associated test booking if we feel there is no realistic likelihood of the student attaining a level of driving skill necessary to attempt to pass their test within their allotted hours.
Where the booked course is long enough to enable us time to cancel the course and avoid paying the test fee, we will do so. If the cancellation period available to us is not long enough (ie, four full days or less), the student will lose their test fee payment despite not being entered for the test.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and without warning.
Terms and Conditions last updated: 29th September 2017